Welcome to Harwoods Chartered Accountants, an ICAEW member firm, based in Sutton Coldfield, serving clients throughout the West Midlands and beyond.
Harwoods provide support and advice on a wide range of business disciplines, not just accountancy and book-keeping issues. We encourage all clients, whether established, new or prospective, to 'Ask Harwoods First'.
Keeping Clients Advised
Our periodic newsletters keep our clients up to date but this page is updated on a more regular basis - so watch this space!
Current points to note:
- Real Time Information (RTI) for all payrolls now with us - any difficulties, let us know.
- Tax payers who have been 'hiding' assets in Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey have until 30th September 2016 to 'come clean'. After that date the HMRC will automatically receive information from banks in those jurisdictions.
- Allowances for 'using home premises' as office are changing and will be related to hours per month spent on business matters at home.
- Forms P11d (expenses and benefits) for the year ended 5th April 2014 must be submitted to HMRC by 6th July 2014 and Class 1A National Insurance paid by 19th July 2014 - automatic penalties will be imposed for non-compliance.
- Online filing becoming compulsory in many areas - VAT returns, PAYE returns, Charity Commission Returns etc. etc. Harwoods can do all of this for you.
- Academies - many schools have converted or are thinking of doing so - Harwoods have already been appointed to a number of schools in the area and can offer help and advice.
- The 100% Annual Investment Allowance for capital expenditure for all businesses has been increased to a maximum of £500,000 per year with effect from 01st April 2014 through to 31st December 2015. There are complicated rules for accounting periods which straddle these dates
- The Chancellor announced significant changed to pensions which will mean greater flexibility for those coming up to retirements.
- Auto-enrolment of pension schemes is getting ever closer and planning is required to ensure that all goes smoothly.
If you are concerned about any of the above or any other matter ASK HARWOODS FIRST.
Contact Richard Harwood for further help and advice:
T: 0121 355 0901
It costs nothing to make an enquiry...