Welcome to Harwoods Chartered Accountants, an ICAEW member firm, based in Sutton Coldfield, serving clients throughout the West Midlands and beyond.
Harwoods provide support and advice on a wide range of business disciplines, not just accountancy and book-keeping issues. We encourage all clients, whether established, new or prospective, to 'Ask Harwoods First'.
Keeping Clients Advised
Our periodic newsletters keep our clients up to date but this page is updated on a more regular basis - so watch this space!
Current points to note:
- National Minimum Wage is to be increased to £6.31 an hour from 1st October 2013 (18-20 year olds rate will be £5.03 and for apprentices £2.68).
- Real Time Information (RTI) for all payrolls now with us - any difficulties, let us know.
- Child Care - all is about to change - see our newsletter for more information
- Tax payers who have been 'hiding' assets in Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey have until 30th September 2016 to 'come clean'. After that date the HMRC will automatically receive information from banks in those jurisdictions.
- Allowances for 'using home premises' as office are changing and will be related to hours per month spent on business matters at home.
- The 100% annual allowance for capital expenditure for all types of businesses is with us until 31st December 2014, but there are complicated rules for accounting periods which straddle 31st December 2012 and 31st December 2014.
- Forms P11d (expenses and benefits) for the year ended 5th April 2013 must be submitted to HMRC by 6th July 2013 and Class 1A National Insurance paid by 19th July 2013 - automatic penalties will be imposed for non-compliance.
- Online filing becoming compulsory in many areas - VAT returns, PAYE returns, Charity Commission Returns etc. etc. Harwoods can do all of this for you.
- Academies - many schools have converted or are thinking of doing so - Harwoods have already been appointed to a number of schools in the area and can offer help and advice.
If you are concerned about any of the above or any other matter ASK HARWOODS FIRST.
Contact Richard Harwood for further help and advice:
T: 0121 355 0901
It costs nothing to make an enquiry...